Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pizza with Foster Farms Chicken Strips, Dole Pineapple, Sweet Onion and Barbecue Sauce

I saw some lovely Dole Pineapples at Costco recently and I thought a chicken pizza with some barbecue sauce would be a great use of this fruit. My wife agreed and while I was at work, she made the following pizza using:

  • 1- 12 inch pizza crust
  • 1/4 of a Fresh Golden Dole Pineapple, diced
  • 1/2 large Vidalia Onion cut into thirds and thingly sliced
  • 1 cup Foster Farms Chicken strips, cut into chunks
  • Barbecue sauce to lightly coat the pizza
Below is a photo of the pizza before it went into the oven.



And here it is, cooked and delicious! It was in the oven for about 15 minutes at 425-450 degrees.
As you can see from the photo below, for a pizza, it has a variety of colors and textures going on, plus a very pleasing range of flavors.

Originally, I suggested that we put mozzarella on it, but my lovely wife thought that was not the best idea and I am glad she omitted it.  The final pizza is definitely  much better off without the cheese in this case. This dish has a lot of bright, sweet and tangy flavors and cheese would have muddled that combination.

This meal was a huge success and it will be repeated.  I highly recommend picking up a pineapple at Costco now and then. They are fun, tasty and easy to work with in a wide variety of applications.

1 comment:

  1. This article clears all the doubts and confusions that will have issues while pretending & not getting there where they want to. Excellent Article!!!
    Fifa coins

    ReplyDelete