Monday, January 2, 2017

Maple and Tangerine Glazed Carrots-And Hello Again

It has been a long time since I have blogged and I regret the absence. Other things in my life have been a diversion but I hope that this marks a return to more regular blogging.  I do want to be clear that I have continued to use the wonderful products you find at Costco, it is just that I have not been writing about them.

As for the recipe I am returning with, it was something I decided to make for Christmas dinner.  I wanted something simple, slightly different, colorful and with at least some nutritional value. After looking through some old cooking magazines, I found this recipe for Maple and Tangerine Glazed Carrots. It looked like an ideal recipe for all the previously mentioned reasons and part of the cooking could be done a day ahead, which made it even more practical for a holiday meal.

It had a broad range of sweet flavors from the tangerine juice, the carrots and Maple Syrup from Costco.


Another important ingredient from Costco was the Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter. I am sorry I don't have a better photo, all we have is an open and very thoroughly enjoyed package of it in the fridge.


As I previously mentioned, aside from the various enjoyable flavors, colors and textures of the dish, a great feature of this dish is that you can do most of the prep work ahead of time. Steaming the carrots and making the glaze the day before is a real time saver. Then all you have to do is  add the carrots to the glaze, simmer the  glaze down a bit and then add a little bit of salt, pepper and parsley. This makes it ideal for entertaining. The final dish was pretty as well as tasty.

I got a lot of compliments on this dish. It had a bright flavor from the tangerines, some sweetness and just a little bit of background heat from the pinch of cayenne pepper. The family was very pleased with the dish and I was completely satisfied in how well it met all of my expectations.  If you are looking for a fun, tasty, easy and practical vegetable dish for entertaining, I give a major thumbs up to this one.

Enjoy and I hope you will come back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment