Friday, November 19, 2010

Amylu Chicken Sausage With Apple, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad

We are fond of those Amylu Apple and Smoked Gouda Chicken sausages.  We had one last pack of them in the freezer and so I pulled them out and cooked them on the Griddler and we had our meat course. For a side dish I made the following: Apple, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad. Here is the recipe:


  • 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled, (we buy our quinoa from Costco)
  • 1 large Granny Smith Apple, cored and diced
  • 1/2 cup Craisins (dried cranberries) from Costco
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt dip


My idea was to use tart fruits like the Craisins and the apple to make the salad more suitable as a side dish than as a desert. My wife and I both agreed that it worked okay, not brilliantly, but okay as a side dish and that I should make it again.

We also both agreed that adding walnuts would be a good idea. To sum up, it was a good side dish that took very little work and time, it was very healthy and it well with something less "heavy" like the chicken sausage.


Recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment